Saturday, December 29, 2012

I made it to New Jersey!

Hi cool people!
If you're a fellow Cornellian, I hope that you're taking this opportunity to escape the snowscape that is now Ithaca.  Although Ithaca, New York serves as a kind of gravity well for me, I managed to make it all the way... to Teaneck, New Jersey.  No, Teaneck is not as far as Paris, Florence, Tzfat, or any of the other cities that I've visited since I began this blog (as a travel blog).  However, I'm here because it's the home of some very special people in my life, namely the Feldman family, who have been kind enough to host me.  Peninah, knowing that I would otherwise have little excuse to get out of Ithaca, invited me to Teaneck.  I left on the 7:20 am bus from Ithaca on Friday, read for most of the way, slept for a few parts of it, and arrived in late morning.  Shabbat falls very early here, so I helped peel and cut vegetables in the kitchen for a while, cleaned up as best as someone like me can do, walked the quarter-mile or so to the Beth Aaron synagogue with the Feldman family, and welcomed in Shabbat.  Since then, I've had my learning-time with Peninah, Alex, and their Father, and been kept well-fed (so don't worry, Mom).  Tonight, plans are still up in the air.  Tomorrow, we visit the Cloisters and, maybe the Metropolitan.
OK, I'll have more interesting things to post tomorrow, after some museumgoing with my favorite older sister of Lani's.
~JD

No comments:

Post a Comment